Rhodes is the Crusader Isle in Greece, steeped in ancient history and boasting 300 days of blue skies each year. Our interactive map show it at the southern end of the Dodecanese chain of islands that follows the line of the Turkish coast.
Rhodes is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Mediterranean and has been for many years, attracting relentless and overwhelming waves of visitors from March to November.
Towns & Villages Map
On the map below we marked all of the well-known villages, towns and beach resort areas in Rhodes island. Rhodes town is the most popular for nightlife with Faliraki coming a close second. Lindos is famous for it’s historical sites and the west coast is best for watersports.
Printable Image Map
You can print or download the image map or Rhodes below, as well as use it to visual the island and where you want to stay. Rodos at the top is the most popular area with numerous bars and restaurants along with the old city and harbor.
Quick Travel Tips
- Anyone is search of Greek goatherds and fishing villages has come to the wrong place.
- The most popular beaches lie along the northern and eastern coastlines.
- To the north are high-rise conference complexes of glass and steel towering over narrow strips of shingle and buffeted by the northern winds.
- Down the east coast, from Rhodes to Lindos, are replicated rows of cement fun palaces.
- Only south of Lindos do the crowds thin out, though hotel complexes and modern apartments are still much in evidence.
- The hilly interior and the wilder west coast offer the visitor find a more authentic glimpse of a Greek island, though the coast offers little in the way of beaches and tourist facilities